Last month my friend, Steve from America, was here in India for a trip. He is a wine educator for over 30 yrs and have tasted 10000+ wines till now. I had my first wine tasted on 9/21/2008 when he and Jan (her life-mate) visited us for a dinner get together. It was a white wine by Grover's (one of premium Indian wine brands) and a very nice experience tasting and learning how to drink wine, and that too from a genius of industry.
Since then its been 5 chances so far I drunk wine at various places of different brands, and started encouraging friends to leave high alcoholic drink and replace your likings with wine. I feel I am now become a better liker of wine over beer, whisky or scotch. On the other hand, I am also convinced with the benefits of wine over any other liqueur type.
Check out some of the most recent studies that boast the health benefits of wine:
Overall Health Benefits:
- Anti-aging effects in red grape skins
- Improved lung function from antioxidants in white wine
- Coronary heart disease reduced
- Healthier blood vessels in elderly
- Ulcer-causing bacteria reduced
- Cancer cells killed by protein in red grape skins
- Arteries kept clean by polyphenols in red grape skins
- Decreased ovarian cancer risk
- Stronger bones
- Lower risk of stroke
- Lower risk of heart attack for men with high blood pressure
Making wine is a huge chemistry (painful subject?) of Acid, Sulphite and Grapes, and there are 1000s of methods to make it by different people at different locations worldwide. I hope if I could do it anytime, but I'll be thrown behind bars if I do it, so I wish there should be no dry day.
I just can't tell the reason, but I like red wine a bit more now. ;-)
That's another session of red wine, a day before they were leaving us.