I had no other option than resetting root password, which I realized a very useful recovery system keeping computers up again within maximum of 4-5 minutes. Below is a small exercise I tried with me today, and found working:
1. Start/Restart your computer.
2. Immediately press and hold the Command (Apple) key and one of the following:
- the "s" key for single-user mode. (Command-S)
- the "v" key for verbose mode. (Command-V)
3. Run below commands one after other in root prompt:
# sbin/fsck -y
# /sbin/mount -wu /
4. Here to begin the rock. Run below command:
(This will prompt for new password twice. It's done now!)
5. Get the hell out of this black screen now:
(This will reboot our computer. Leave it alone to take you to the original beautiful desktop.)
Note: I do a lot of experiments on my items. Please do it on your own risk. Any query, please contact thru "Ping Me" from right sidebar.